If you are thinking of starting a blog or website, using WordPress is a great option and according to Builtwith, 52% of websites using a CMS rely on WordPress platform.
I’ll discuss the reasons for its popularity in a bit but it’s important to note that the performance and the responsiveness of your website will rely on the quality of hosting provided by WordPress.
As you think for the perfect host for your WordPress website, I have simplified this guide to enable you to make the most informed decision on the best WordPress host.
The image below shows the popularity of WordPress.
As of Jan 2020, WordPress powers more than 75 million websites and is considered the most popular and preferred web builder/CMS. WordPress is our overall best web builder, ahead of Wix, Squarespace, Weebly, Shopify, and others.
Why is WordPress so popular?
If you are starting out with WordPress, consider yourself to be among the majority and there are good reasons bloggers and developers prefer WordPress. Here are the 3 key:
- No coding knowledge needed: First, you don’t need to know any coding at all! Who wants to learn HTML or PHP code when I just want to blog about my travel experiences in South Asia.
- Fast installation and operation: Seventeen years later(in 2020), following the launch of WordPress in 2003, WordPress Foundation has spearheaded several improvements to the open-source CMS platform. Creating a WordPress website will take you less than 5 minutes!
- Superior architecture: Among the features of WordPress is its plugin architecture which allows developers to create and incorporate a software component that adds a specific feature to the existing WP software. For example, if you wanted to create an eCommerce store, you’ll just need to install a free plugin such as WooCommerce.
Here are some popular websites using WordPress:
- New York Times
- Trip Advisor
- Business Insider
- Consumer Reports
Below is a spectrum of all the thing you can do with WordPress:
- Blogging: Post content
- Media Publishing
- User Registration
- Contact Form Creation
- Newsletter Management
- Calendar System
- Event Management
- Online Form Creation
- Forum Capabilities
While creating a website may be fairly easy with most hosts, the performance and what you get from a host will vary from host to host. As of this publication in early 2020, there are over 70 WordPress hosts and it’s hard to know which is the most ideal for your site.
We have broken down this article to make it very easy for you to understand the features of all the WordPress hosting providers we review. Most of the listed hosts have over 95% uptime and provide specialized Managed WordPress Hosting.
So, what’s managed WordPress hosting and why?
Why WordPress Managed Hosting?
Managed WordPress hosting is a specialized hosting service offered by companies to provide optimized hosting for WordPress websites. This hosting plan offers services that allow you to cut out the need for an in-house web administrator in charge of checking for updates, back-ups, security, among others.
With managed WordPress hosting, the hosting provider provides automatic updates and conducts security scans and other services to save you time and money.
Managed WordPress hosting is a specialized, “concierge” hosting service that takes care of all the technical aspects of running your WordPress site, so you don’t have to.Managed WP Hosting definition by Bluehost.
Several hosting companies have come up to provide shared, VPS, Dedicated and Cloud hosting for WordPress sites/blogs.
All the WordPress Hosting Options
- Shared WordPress Hosting: Shared WordPress hosting enables you to host your website on a server shared by several websites that are built with different architectures.
- Dedicated WordPress Hosting: A dedicated WordPress hosting provides a server for a single client site. With dedicated hosting, you’ll be in charge of setting it up and maintaining it. If you outgrow the server space, you’ll need to manually back-up your files and move them to a larger server. This plan is more secure and gives you more control as you have access to the root.
- VPS WordPress Hosting: VPS hosting is similar to Shared hosting but unlike shared hosting, VPS uses a hypervisor. A hypervisor is a specialist software that sets resource limits on things like RAM and bandwidth. The genius with VPS is that hypervisor enables sites to borrow resources from the other sites on the server if you’re maxed out.
- Cloud WordPress Hosting: Cloud hosting is the most secure and hosts a site on multiple servers instead of a single one. Cloud hosting for WordPress sites is a great option if you expect traffic spike and worried about the bandwidth and reliability. With cloud hosting, you can be guaranteed 99.99% uptime.
If you are creating the WordPress blog and want it to ultimately bring in some income, you should know that there are many ways you can go about making money online. While starting a podcast or webinars are emerging and lucrative in 2020, most people still rely on blogging to earn a living.
Whether you want to use WordPress for a personal hobby blog or a business blog, the WP hosting providers we recommend offer the ease of setup, reliability, and affordability you’ve been looking for.
The Best WordPress Hosting Providers 2020
Here are the best WordPress hosting providers:
- Bluehost WordPress Hosting: Cheapest host
- HostGator Managed WordPress
- SiteGround (www.SiteGround.com)
- A2 Hosting (www.A2Hosting.com)
- Kinsta: Best Cloud Hosting Provider for WordPress
- GreenGeeks (www.GreenGeeks.com)
- Hostinger (www.Hostinger.com)
- DreamHost (www.DreamHost.com)
- InMotion (www.InMotionHosting.com)
- Site5 (www.Site5.com)
- iPage (www.iPage.com)
WordPress Hosting Requirements?
Most hosting companies have servers that are compatible with WordPress as it is a very light-weight script. Here are the key requirements your hosting company must have to be compatible with WordPress:
- PHP version 7 +
- MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.1 or greater
- HTTPS support (SSL)
Several web hosting companies now provide one-click install for your WordPress blog or website
Reviews of the Best WordPress Hosting in 2020:
1. Bluehost WordPress Hosting
Bluehost is our overall WordPress hosting provider in 2020 and as a customer for over 7 years, I can confidently say that Bluehost is the most ideal host for any beginner using WordPress website builder. I have reviewed Bluehost here and compared it to Google Cloud here. Here are its features in brief:
- Average Uptime: Over 99% uptime which we uncovered after tracking 10+ WordPress websites hosted by Bluehost using the Jetpack tool.
- Average Speed for loading: 375 ms
- Free email addresses that you can create using your custom domain name
- Free SSL provided for all domains
- Support: 24/7 live chat, fast responses
- Excellent add-on tools such as Codeguard and SEO tools.
- Perks: Beginner-friendly, reliable performance, https:// (SSL) included
- Website: www.bluehost.com/wordpress
There is a shared plan and managed WordPress hosting plan for Bluehost and below are their pricing:
I have always used Bluehost for my beginner sites because of the following:
Speed: It renders pages relatively fast and below is a test by WPbeginners:
Bluehost is our top-ranked WordPress hosting provider for 2020 because it offers the ultimate WordPress platform because it is tuned for WordPress.
Bluehost is our best WordPress host because of features, which include:
- WordPress-centric dashboards and tools that have 1-click installation
- Offers a free domain name, email, and FTP
- Easily scalable because it offers different plans
- Its provides 24/7 WordPress experts inhouse support
- Has an uptime of 99.99%
- Has an enhanced cPanel that is easier to use, which makes it beginner-friendly
- It provides a 30-day money-back guarantee
Bluehost is suitable for everyone who values speed, security, and dependable support all at an affordable price.
Bluehost offers hosting solutions for as little as $2/95. Mont through its most popular plan, Shared.
The image below shows a comparison between the Shared, VPS, and Dedicated Plans of Bluehost:
Choose Bluehost today and join over 2 million other individuals and businesses for the fast and secure running of or site.
- Unlimited websites, disk space, bandwidth/traffic.
- Fully managed experience.
- Staging environment.
- Instant WordPress installs.
- 1-hour onboarding concierge call.
- CDN enabled for your site.
- 24/7 customer support.
- The support quality has mixed reviews among users.
- Picking a data center location isn’t straightforward.
Here is a link to its website to get you started: https://bluehost.com/
2. HostGator Managed WordPress (www.HostGator.com)
Hostgator is our second best WordPress hosting provider available for bloggers and small business owners in 2020.
HostGator is considered a top web hosting provider for WordPress hosted websites. With HostGator, you will get to enjoy up to 2.5X faster load speeds for your WordPress Hosting because of some of the following major features:
Hostgator WordPress Hosting Features:
- Supercharged cloud architecture
- Low-density servers
- Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
- Multiple caching layers
- Supercharged Speed
- Convenient Simplicity
- Advanced Security
HostGator is able to manage your website content more efficiently, thus enabling dynamic content requests to be processed at incredible speeds. More so, you will experience even faster speeds when using HostGator’s exclusive cloud hosting services. The WordPress Hosting under the cloud hosting turbocharges your website to attain faster loading speeds and less time.
HostGator WordPress Website Migration
HostGator has a free migration service that is able to transfer your existing WordPress website to HostGator for absolutely no charge. Besides, HostGator Also has a valiant support team that is equipped with all the tools needed to handle its WordPress customers.
They also offer consultation services within some of their hosting packages to ensure that a novice or expert user will have the right tools for the right traction. Basically, HostGator gives you all you need to get you started with WordPress Hosting. Listed below is a list of all the WordPress Hosting plans for HostGator:
Hostgator WordPress Hosting Plans
|Starter Plan||Standard Plan||Business Plan|
|Starting At $5.95/month ( You get 40% Off!)Only a single WordPress ite hosted100,000 Monthly Average Site TrafficHas a Relative Computing Power of 2×100% Free Migration for a single websiteAutomated Daily Database Backup and File-Level Restoration of up to 1 GBAutomatic Malware Removal Includes an Unmetered Storage SpaceYou can get up to $100 worth of Google Adwords CreditFree SSL certificates||Starting At $7.95/month (You get 50% Off!)Maximum of 2 WordPress Websites hostedMonthly Average Site Traffic of up to 200,000 visitorsHas a Relative Computing Power of 2×100% Free Migration of up to 2 WordPress websitesAutomated Daily Database Backup and File-Level Restore of up to 2 GBAutomatic Malware Removal Includes an Unmetered Storage SpaceYou can get up to $100 worth of Google Adwords CreditFree SSL certificates||Starting At $9.95/month (You get 57% Off!)Maximum of 3 WordPress Websites hostedMonthly Average Site Traffic of up to 500,000 visitorsHas a Relative Computing Power of 5×100% Free Migration of up to 3 WordPress websitesAutomated Daily Database Backup and File-Level Restore of up to 3 GBAutomatic Malware Removal Includes an Unmetered Storage SpaceYou can get up to $100 worth of Google Adwords CreditFree SSL certificates|
Over the years, HostGator has managed to be the most popular cloud web hosting provider in the US. Even so, they are not without their flaws. Critiques argue that they do not meet their expectations with respect to their feature pricing.
Despite having a starting price of $5.95 per month, an unmetered storage space, a free domain provision, as well as a 30 – day money-back guarantee, these features are only affordable as much as they are relevant, within the first term only.
The prices get higher when renewing the subscription packages during the subsequent terms. In fact, it is prudent to argue that HostGator WordPress Hosting has a lot more negative reviews than its advantages. The list below compares some of HostGator’s benefits and disadvantages to determine the viability of using HostGator for your WordPress hosted site:
Benefits of using HostGator WordPress Hosting
- Cheap Prices – HostGator offers initial pricing for WordPress Hosting for less than $10/month for any subscription package. Considering that other top-rated WordPress Hosting providers offer their subscriptions at anywhere between $15 and $50, they have the cheapest pricing.
- Nonetheless, I have to mention that the advertised prices are for HostGator’s first-time customers only. Besides, to subscribe to this plan, you have to subscribe to at least 3 years. After this, you will be required to renew the subscription packages to up to thrice your initial payment.
- Automatic WordPress Updates – Among HostGator’s amazing features is the ability to automatically update WordPress core features, plugins, and themes. There is no need for you to manually check for the updates. HostGator constantly checks for relevant feature updates and notifies you in your account’s dashboard.
- Automatic Site Backups – In addition, HostGator offers regular automatic backups for all their clients. This is done through a specialized CodeGuard feature that allows for your site to back up in the service. Interestingly, WordPress offers this feature free of charge under their managed WordPress service.
- Built-in Speed Optimization through Caching and CDN Networks – HostGator has a SiteLock Monitoring Service for WordPress Hosting services, which is offered at no charge. The monitoring service regularly scans your site for any malware, and thereby protects your site from malicious users.
- Besides, HostGator offers a content delivery network (CDN) service that also allows your site to load up faster such that your visitors will have faster access despite where you are located.
- Easier to Scale Your Site – One of the advantages of HostGator’s WordPress hosting is that it uses cloud hosting technology to host WordPress sites. Cloud hosting technologies offer increased hosting bandwidths and site loading speeds that creates seamless traffic on your WordPress websites.
- HostGator has built its system such that no user will be operating from a single server only. Not only do they use CDNs to increase the number of servers serving your website, but the cloud hosting feature automatically also pulls more resources to your site to cater for increased traffic.
- By so doing, the server usage by multiple clients will not affect the relative loading speeds of your WordPress hosted websites. Even more, server crashes will not affect the functioning of your website as your hosting will automatically be re-directed to other cloud servers.
- Better Site Security – HostGator has invested a lot in its team of WordPress experts who are constantly checking for potential vulnerabilities within your WordPress hosted site. Whenever there is a security issue within the site, HostGator will automatically fix the errors such that you will not have to manually commit to this process.
- Better Customer Service – Some of HostGator’s well-wishers argue that HostGator has a valiant and much better customer service. This is contrary to the low ratings that have been posted about their reliability with respect to the response time. In essence, HostGator has a team of WordPress professionals who are well skilled in handling WordPress hosting related problems. These experts are able to fix your site problems within a very short period of time.
Cons of Using HostGator for your WordPress Hosting
- They have very unstable loading speeds and times
- HostGator has incompetent customer support
- HostGator has poor backup services
- It also has poor malware detection services
- Hosted websites on HostGator can’t handle too many simultaneous visitors
- HostGator even has restrictive Inode limits
It is a shared, reseller, virtual private seller, and a dedicated web hosting platform based in Houston and Austin, Texas.
Hostgator is a superb best WordPress host because :
- It provides supercharged speed. Hostgator WordPress hosting provides 2.5* faster load times because of its supercharged cloud architecture, low-density servers, CDN, and multiple caching layers.
- Offers convenient simplicity
- And provides advanced security
- Supplies valuable features such as templates and plugins and
- Provides superior customer support as it relies on experts to offer clients 24/7/365 phone customer care.
The affordability of Hostgator comes with limitations of the WordPress host such as :
- It has limited features, which demands to do a lot of administration tasks
- Its domains are pricey compared to its competitors
Hostgator Managed WordPress Hosting
As much as it sounds incredibly simple, I can promise you that not unless you are a web developer, maintaining a site is relatively difficult. In order for your site to run smoothly, you will have to manually check for software and plugin updates, check for any malware on your site, as well as do regular backups of your site’s data to avoid data loss.
In Managed Website Hosting, you wouldn’t have to manually do all these processes yourself because HostGator does all these services for you. Essentially, your site performance and security together with other general site management tools will be handled. This is what it means to have a managed WordPress Hosting on HostGator. Most of the features offered under HostGator’s Managed WordPress Hosting include:
- Server-level caching (and other performance-specific services)
- Automated daily site backups
- Automated core WordPress updates
- Better WordPress support
- Malware scanning
Even Further, HostGator Managed WordPress hosting has a valiant support team specifically meant to resolve any WordPress related issues on your hosted site. Therefore, this means that instead of focusing your energy on your site, you can focus on building your business.
HostGator’s Managed WordPress Hosting Plans
HostGator offers three WordPress plans for all its users. All of the plans include a free SSL certificate that enables the ‘Let’s Encrypt’ feature to boost your site security. I have contrasted the Managed WordPress Hosting plans and their relative features in the table below.
|Plan||Number of Sites||Visitors||Backup Space||Cost|
If you are hosted a WordPress site that has higher traffic and also requires much higher speeds, you will have to take into consideration the Business plan. This is because the Business plan is up to five times faster than the starter or standard hosting plans. Further, if you have more than a single website that you would like to transfer from other WordPress hosting providers, the business plan is also ideal as it offers up to a maximum of three free website migrations into HostGator. You can check out more of Hostgator’s managed WordPress hosting on their website here.
While we remained very objective comparing all the 8 factors we use to rank WP hosts, Siteground emerged as an obvious winner for blogs with significant traffic but came third on this list. Since this research, I have moved some of my sites with over 25,000 page views per month to Siteground and the reason is simple, is simply has better server performance and serves web pages the fast compared to all the others in this list. Siteground’s managed WordPress plans are also optimized for regular sites and work excellently for e-commerce stores. You can read our other guide on Siteground’s performance with WooCommerce.
Here is a helpful video review:
Let’s look at finer details to get an idea of what you pay and what you get when you host your WordPress site with Siteground:
Features that make Siteground a reliable web hosting platform are:
- Provides tools for easy and fast site building, which include the provision of the Sitebuilder, WordPress Plugins, and cool client interfaces.
- The site is ultra-fast which enhances the speed of your domain owing to their SSD disks, PHP 7 with OpCache, NGINX Direct Delivery, and a free CDN service.
- It provides top-notch security because of its free Let’s Encrypt SSL that protects your data by conducting daily backups.
- Expert hosting support that is fast, helpful, available 24/7, friendly, and top-rated.
- offers three hosting plans that suit the need of all customers at an affordable cost. The image below shows the three hosting plans of Siteground:
- Provides premium value on higher plans such as hosting multiple sites, dynamic caching, easy staging tool, advanced priority support, easy git integration, and allows collaborations.
The entry-level tier costs $3.95/m and this is suitable for a WordPress blog or website with a max of 10,000 visitors. This plan of $3.95/m does not allow you to host more than one website. I use the GrowBig plan and I’ve seen significant improvement with speed since I moved one of my sites from Bluehost.
Siteground is fighting for individuals who prefer powerful, yet easy to manage web hosting platforms. Siteground is a credible web hosting platform because:
- its recommended by WordPress
- it’s trusted by over 2,000, 000 domain owners and
- 98% of users of the web host platform are satisfied with its services.
- Officially recommended by WordPress.org for its optimized WordPress installation
- You get a free Let’s Encrypt SSL for all plans
- You can easily migrate your website hosted elsewhere using their Siteground Migrator Plugin. They can also assist you to move the website for free
- You can integrate it with your Git account.
- If you run an e-commerce store, you get a free PCI compliance
- It offers a staging environment
- It uses SSD drives that are fast!
- A free CDN package is included.
- If you chose the GrowBig plan, you can have multiple websites on a single account.
- 24/7 support chat support and via call as well
- Free backup and restore features.
- Even though the cheapest plan is enticing at $3.95 / mo, it won’t be the best solution for most high-traffic sites.
Click this link to set up your WordPress hosting with Siteground
4.Cloudways WordPress Hosting
Our second pick for the best WordPress Host for 2020 is Cloudways because it provides simple, high performance, and transparent worry-free experience for its customers, whether new or seasoned.
Features that qualify Cloudways as one of the best WordPress Hosting 2020 are:
- Expert support because it provides 24/7 live chats, online ticketing, improved SLAs, server customization and configuration, phone access support, proactive application monitoring, and private slack channel.
- High-speed performance because of its dedicated environment, SSD-Based Hosting, Built-in advanced caches,PHP 7 Ready Servers, CloudwaysCDN, Auto-Healing Managed Cloud Servers, Free WordPress Cache Plugin, Redis Support, and Free Magento Full Page Cache.
- Its managed hosting offers managed security because of dedicated firewalls, 1-click free SSL installation, IP Whitelisting, Regular security patching, and Two-factor authentication.
- Its tracking system enables you to monitor your website statistics through its 24/7 Real-time monitoring, New relic integration, and CloudwaysBot notifications and
- It’s easy to use UI gives the client the control to set up and manage their websites as they see fit through the server settings and packages via UI, 1-click backup & restore, Cron job manager, WP-CLI pre-installed among others.
Cloudways is our top 2 WordPress Hosting platform because it provides reliable support to its clients because all its plans are managed. Also, Cloudways is favorite because it allows its clients to choose their preferred cloud providers such as Amazon, and Google. Additionally, all its plans are scalable, which allows its users to choose a plan depending on the growth of your website.
Also, Cloudways WordPress hosting services are affordable because they start as low as $10/month.
Click this link to get started with Cloudways Hosting platform:https://www.cloudways.com/en/
5. InMotion WordPress Hosting
Inmotion is a fast, secure, and reliable WordPress hosting platform because it offers a WordPress optimized server environment such as the WordPress pre-installation, drag and drop theme support, and free WordPress themes to choose from.
Other features that make Inmotion one of the Best WordPress hosting platforms in 2020 are:
- It provides optimized speed because of its free SSD STORAGE, nginx, PHP 7, and free CDN
- Provides manages updates such as automatic security patches and optional automatic updates.
- It provides unlimited emails accounts for all its plans
- It offers 24/7/365 US-Based Support for all its plans
- It has a 90-day Money back guarantee
- Has automated social media platforms
- Its secure because it offers SSH Access, Automatic Offsite Backups, Free SSL, Hack and Malware Protection, Web Application Firewalls, and SPAM Safe Email with IMAP.
- Finally, Inmotion hosting is affordable and credible because it offers a hosting plan starting at $6.99. month, while its best value plan costs $9.99/month.
Below is an image that compares Inmotion hosting plans:
Click this link to get started on your WordPress hosting with Inmotion hosting: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/
6.Kinsta WordPress Hosting
Kinsta is a premium managed WordPress hosting that is powered by Google Cloud. Kinsta makes the list of our best WordPress Hosts 2010 because of lightning-like speed, 24/7 expert support, and scalable for mission-critical websites.
Other features that make Kinsta one of the best WP hosting platforms are:
- A high security network that stops attacks and malicious intents in its tracks because of its continuous monitoring, DDOS attack detection, software-based restrictions, hardware firewalls, and SSL support
- Operates with next-generation infrastructure
- It is powered by Google Cloud Platform and its 20 worldwide data centers, meaning that all data is interconnected over a premium tier network that minimizes distance and hops, and consequently, ensures fast and secure transport of your data
- It provides a smooth and secure free site migration by providing you with a temporary domain before ensuring that your migrated data in okay and going live.
Kinsta is a reliable WordPress hosting platform because of renowned corporations such as Ubisoft, Buffer, Drift, Flippa, Intuit, MariaDB, FRESHBOOKS, and Tripadvisor work with it. Also, Kinsta has thousands of five-star ratings, which proves the credibility of its services.
Further, you can benefit from fast server-level caching specifically geared for WordPress to deliver a perfect balance between WordPress website performances as well as the relative functionality.
In addition, Kinsta has an auto-scaling infrastructure that is built entirely on Google Cloud Platform. This feature makes it easy to effectively track and handle sudden surges in traffic from many site visitors such that it still maintains the site’s fast loading speeds and times.
Even more, Kinsta continuously runs malware scans through their advanced security features to eradicate any errors that may cause site problems. These security features are inclusive of but not limited to GeoIP blocking, free SSL certificates, SFTP, SSH, HTTP/2, and even and ban abusive Internet Protocols (IPs) automatically. This highly secure web hosting service has earned Kinsta an A+ rating on Qualys SSL Labs.
Better yet, Kinsta offers all of its users with an automatic backup service that lets you back up your WordPress hosted sites with ease. Actually, Kinsta has 6 different backup services that run daily backups to ensure the security of your site data. It offers an instant restoration service for any of the backups that you will request for your WordPress site in case of any problem.
Yet another interesting feature offered in Kinsta’s WordPress hosting is Virtual Private Server (VPS) Hosting. It also offers Dedicated Server hosting, which is even much better than the VPS hosting. Nonetheless, dedicated server hosting is much costly than VPS hosting considering that most of the features available for the Dedicated server hosting are also present in VPS hosting.
Self-healing PHP – Kinsta has the latest PHP plugins installed and running on the WordPress hosted sites. The most interesting thing about Kinsta’s PHP plugin is that if your PHP goes down for any reason, Kinsta will be able to restart it and run it back up.
Database optimizations – Kinsta is able to run an automatic fine-tuning of MySQL database every week and runs based on WordPress hosted site.
Uptime monitoring – Also, Kinsta is keen on maintaining a hundred percent uptime such that it regularly checks for the status of all sites. Kinsta checks the site status every 2 minutes. This is approximately 720 checks for every single day. Consequently, Kinsta has faster reaction time as they can be able to react to site changes instantaneously.
Kinsta is suitable for all types of websites, be it a starter domain or a large enterprise because its pricing plans are segmented into the Starter, Pro, Business 1, Business 2, Business 3, Business 4, and Enterprise 1 that range between $10/month to $600/ month/
- Powered by Google Cloud Platforms which are super-efficient.
- 1440 daily uptime checks per site.
- Free CDN for every plan.
- Automatic scaling.
- Support for Let’s Encrypt, SSH, WP-CPI, Git, and more.
- Free website migrations and hack fixes.
- Staging and cloning environment.
- Weekly automatic MySQL database optimizations for your WordPress site.
- Quick SSD storage.
- Self-healing PHP.
- The cheapest Kinsta plan is $30/month, significantly more than some of the other options on this list. Luckily Kinsta’s cheapest plan used to be $100 per month, so at least it has improved.
- Although you do get access to the Google Cloud Platform for cheap, the lower-priced plans have fairly low monthly visit maximums.
Click the link below to join Kinsta and drive your personal or business website to levels re-imagined: https://kinsta.com/
WP Engine provides managed WordPress hosting for mission-critical websites, globally. WP Engine makes our list for the Best WordPress Hosting because of its amazing customer care, speed, reliability, and performance.
- WP Engine provides the best managed WP hosting services because it has more than 150 employees in their support team that offer expert support 24.7/365. Also, WP Engine has over 100 WordPress experts that ensure that servers are fast, secure, and up to date to enhance your WordPress experience.
- WP Engine provides fast site speed because it has an inbuilt WordPress content management system (CMS).
- WP Engine is suitable for everyone because the platform provides plans that fit the needs of any customer, be it a Startup, Growth, Scale, or custom plans.
The image below shows the different WP hosting plans that WP Engine provides:
- CDN included for all plans.
- Great scalability – suitable for websites rapidly growing in traffic.
- Free automated migration.
- 24/7 chat support for all plans. 24/7 phone support starts with the “Growth” plan.
- Free access to the Genesis Framework and over 35 StudioPress WordPress themes.
- Included SSL certificates.
- High overage costs, even up to $1 per every 1000 visits.
- It’s reported that WP Engine tends to modify native WordPress code quite heavily, making it hard to move to another host in case you need to do so in the future.
- The add-ons for options like WordPress Multisite, geotargeting, and additional sites can get pricey.
The features, speed, security, and the peace of mind the manage Wp hosting that WP Engine provides has earned the platform over 120,000 customers in over 125 nations. If you are ready to migrate your website to the WP Engine today, please click the link below to get started: https://wpengine.com/
8. A2 Hosting WordPress Hosting
A2Hosting provides fast and reliable shared and managed WordPress hosting that is easy to use because they are fine-tuned for your needs.
The A2 Hosting features that make it to our best WordPress Hosting 2020 are:
- It provides both shared and managed WordPress hosting
- It’s pre-configured
- It provides easy, automated backups and
- It offers Anytime Money Back Guarantee
The provider argues that A2 Hostings is the best hosting for WordPress because of its high-performance SwiftServer platform that loads up to 20* faster than other WordPress Hosting suppliers. The provider also writes that their blazing fast Turbo Servers, PHP 7, and free HTTPS protection improves the speed and the security of your WordPress website.
A2 Hosting is appropriate for all persons that are looking for fast, secure, and reliable WordPress hosting, yet pocket-friendly. A2 provides shared hosting from as little as $3.92/mont and offers managed hosting with a starting price of $11/99/month.
The image below shows a comparison of A2 Hosting’s shared and managed WordPress services:
Click this link to set up your A2 Hosting platform: https://www.a2hosting.com/
Hostinger WordPress is a good web hosting provider to start up your website. It is quick and secure, has a guaranteed 99.99% uptime as well as feature-rich WordPress hosting solutions.
In my analysis, I would argue that Hostinger beats a lot of top-rated WordPress hosting platforms with respect to the hosting features offered and the relevant features for the optimal performance of your websites.
For you to choose the best WordPress Hosting Plan for your WordPress hosting site on Hostinger, you have to sift through its three feature packages. This will help you understand which plan is preferential to your business.
Don’t think too much about the pricing for now as Hostinger has a 30-day money-back guarantee. Look at the table below to see the comparison between Hostinger’s hosting plans.
Hostinger makes it our list of the best WordPress Hostings of 2020 because it has a guarantee OF 99,9% uptime, has superior speed performance, has excellent support chat, and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Other features that make Hostinger an excellent WordPress host are:
- Its 1-click installation, which makes it simple to set up
- It offers enhanced security with BitNinja technology that provides full-stack defense against all automated malware
- And it provides one of the most affordable plans because their prices start as low as $0.80/ month, while its most expensive plan costs $3.45/month. Check out Hostinger’s plans in the image below:
Here is a table with more details of Hostinger’s WordPress pricing plans:
|WordPress Starter||WordPress Business||WordPress Premium|
|$2.15 per month100 Websites100 Email Accounts20 GB Disk spaceUnlimited BandwidthFree SSL & DomainManaged WordPressJetpack Free||$14.95 per month300 Websites100 Email Accounts140 GB Disk spaceUnlimited BandwidthFree SSL & DomainManaged WordPressJetpack Premium||$7.45 per month300 Websites100 Email Accounts100 GB Disk spaceUnlimited BandwidthFree SSL & DomainManaged WordPressJetpack Personal|
When comparing the hosting plans, you will find that while the WordPress Starter plan is the Perfect package for personal websites (saving up to 82%), the WordPress Business plan is the best plan for revenue-generating businesses (saving up to 74%).
On the other hand, I find the WordPress Premium to be best suited for small and medium businesses. You can also save up to 74% for annual plans under this plan.
Advantages of Using Hostinger for Your WordPress Hosted Site
- Hostinger understands the hassle involved in building websites. Your website will require a stable, secure, and optimized WordPress hosting environment. As such Hostinger is developer-friendly and Optimized for WordPress.
- Hostinger actively contributes to the WordPress codebase, such that you can be able to access all the features of world-class Content Management Systems (CMS). Hostinger also has a rich set of features that are useful in empowering and managing your website effortlessly.
- Furthermore, Hostinger continuously fine-tunes its platform such that they manage to have a 99.99% uptime. Besides, it has servers distributed across various points on the globe that makes sure that they can cover a wider geological location.
- Even more, Hostinger has a great support team that will help you out instantaneously via live chats or emails. Hostinger also has pre-installed caches and plugins that improve the performance of your website to give you the best WordPress hosting experience.
- Hostinger is also relatively easy to use. Whether you are a professional or a beginner, Hostinger’s WordPress Hosting plans are intuitive and conveniently simple to use. It also includes a safe and secure hosting by using a diverse feature base.
- Support Availability – Hostinger as great experts who do not give up until your WordPress hosting problem is resolved. Further, the support team works round the clock to ensure that they are present for you 24/7. In fact, Hostinger will respond within an average time of 60 seconds.
- With Hostinger’s cache-engine, Cloudflare’s protection, and free SSL certificates, Hostinger is able to offer complete site protection for your WordPress site.
- Hostinger includes a Jetpack Plugin in its features and depending on the WordPress Plan that you have chosen, your Jetpack Plugin will enable you to easily design, optimize as well as scale your website progressively and easily.
- In addition, Hostinger has a WordPress accelerator present in every WordPress installation. The accelerator comes with LSCWP cache plugin which increases your WordPress website up to 4X faster.
- Besides, Hostinger’s LiteSpeed Enterprise Servers makes it the fastest web server in the industry. The Web Server ensures that Hostinger’s advanced features as well as its exceptional scalability create the best WordPress site performance for you.
- Moreover, with Hostinger WordPress Hosting, you can be able to get new themes within seconds. As a Hostinger user, you will be able to browse through Hostinger’s collection of customizable themes and select what works for your website.
- Finally, I have to mention that Hostinger exclusively uses SSD Storage to store your website files and data as they do not want to compromise on the speed and/or performance of your site. Subsequently, this ensures lightning-fast loading speeds.
Hostinger WordPress Site Migration
Hostinger allows you to move your WordPress website from another host onto your Hostinger account by using their easy-to-use migration tool. Further, if you don’t feel like doing the site migration yourself, Hostinger’s WordPress specialists will do it for you free of charge.
To successfully transfer your site, all you need is to request for the migration via your Hostinger’s account.
Hostinger WordPress Tutorials
Hostinger offers various WordPress tutorials to help you get started with your WordPress hosted site. The tutorials range from getting started with using WordPress, to using advanced WordPress features such as Hotlinking.
You will get to know what hotlinking is and how to prevent it. All in all, Hostinger has a comprehensive list of WordPress Tutorials that will make you an expert WordPress user.
Hostinger always makes sure to update any core and/or security updates available for your WordPress hosted site. Furthermore, you will be able to analyze any updates among any of your plugins.
Hostinger automatically installs the updated plugins and saves you the trouble of checking for any updates. In fact, you will be notified as soon as any updates are available, for you to approve the update installation process.
Automated Daily Backups
As an added advantage, Hostinger also provides daily backup services for all your website files and data. This backup is automated and geared such that you may not lose valuable customer or personal data in case of any mishaps.
You will also be able to restore your WordPress hosted site to an earlier version that you deemed was best suited for your business.
1-Click WordPress Install
To cap it all off, Hostinger makes it possible to install WordPress on your hosting account with just one click. The one-click installation of WordPress is present in your cPanel account where you can relatively request for a new website in minutes. Furthermore, Hostinger will make specific optimizations to ensure optimal website performance.
Critics, however, warn WordPress users of its limitations that include:
- It lacks the traditional cPanel, making it challenging for users who are unfamiliar with Hostinger’s particular dashboard
- It operates with non-standardized payment terms, which makes it difficult for you to know when you qualify for a refund. For example, the majority of the new domain name registration are only refundable if they are canceled and processed four days of registration and not 30 days as they indicate.
- Premium and Business shared hosting plan users must pay for extra domains after they register the one free domain associated with the platforms.
Despite its shortcomings, Hostinger has proven to be one of the most reliable WordPress hosts because large businesses such as Forbes, Medium TechRadar, TRUSTPILOT, HuffPost, and Bloomberg rely on it. Furthermore, over 20, 000, 000 persons and corporations trust Hostingers with their hosting needs.
Click https://www.hostinger.com/ to join Hostinger today!
LiquidWeb is a champion in managed hosting solutions for mission-critical websites and apps. It was founded in 1997 by Mathew Hill in Lansing, Michigan.
Below is their page detailing what you can get with their managed hosting for WordPress.
If you want to create a WordPress Store, you can also opt for their WooCommerce Hosting plan.
I’ve supported clients launch their sites on Liquidweb and below are some of the few key reasons why I like it:
- It operates at high speeds because it uses Nginx, PHP 7, image compression, and unique configurations.
- Provide expert support 24/7/362 via live chats, phone calls, and their help desk
- It has no overage fees, traffic limits, or metered pageviews
- Provides users with full server access
- Offers free SSL certificate for every single site
- Provide full managed WordPress hosting and finally,
- Liquidweb has no hidden charges in its plans and pricing.
The image below compares Liquidweb’s different plans and pricing to help you with your most fitting platform.
We feel that its cons, which are that they are more costly than competitors, lack of shared hosting, and lack of freebies do not match the service it provides.
Click https://www.liquidweb.com/ to sign up with Liquidweb for your WordPress needs.
Dreamhost makes our Best WordPress hosting for 2020 because it provides lightning-fast solutions that are optimized for Wordpress, which makes it reliable.
Dreamhost is a great WordPress host because of its amazing features that include:
- Inhouse WordPress experts
- WordPress-Optimized servers
- Has an advanced, easy-to-use custom control panel
- Has automated backups
- Offers 100% Uptime guarantee
- Runs a 97-day money-back guarantee
- It is affordable. Check Dreanhost’s plans and pricing for 2020 in the image below:
Consequently, the benefits of Dreamhost as a WordPress host are:
- It provides values for money
- It provides reliable uptime
- It offers a generous money-back guarantee plan
- It has expansive domain-management tools
- It provides affordable and reliable WordPress Basic, Managed WordPress, and VPS WordPress hosting and
- It provides security to your data because of its daily backups
It is also advisable to consider the limitations of Dreamhost, however, before signing up. Dreamhost’s cons include:
- It lacks a site builder, making it difficult for new users to set up an account
- Relatively, the initial setup process is slow
- It is not compatible with Windows and
- The live chat feature in unreliable because it has a long waiting time.
Overall, Dreamhost is a credible WordPress host. Remember, Dreamhost is recommended by WordPress.org and is trusted with over 1.5 million websites.
Click https://www.dreamhost.com/ to host your WordPress site with Dreamhost today.
Pressable is a managed WordPress host that is speedy and secure. It was founded in 2020 and is entirely focussed on providing WP managed hosting.
Pressable makes our list for the best WordPress host because it provides expert customer care, offers stability, reliability, and performance in all their plans, and it provides values for money as it saves customers more than 33% on business managed WordPress hosting.
Pressable has other great features, which are :
- Personalized onboarding that helps new users to set up their accounts to their dedicated servers
- Offers 24/7 support
- Offers automated migration with its Automated Migration Plugin
- Provides consultative diagnostics where the support team identifies, analyzes, and fix any issues that arise
- Has a variety of WordPress hosting plans that enable you to choose the most fitting platforms.
Pressable plans and prices are as shown in the image below:
Some of the big customers that rely on Pressable WordPress hosting services are Valet, Laughing Squid, Whirlpool, Estee Lauder, Green Planet, and American Genius.
Advantages of using Pressable WordPress hosting platform are:
- Access to premium CDN that is available with all plans
- Provides automatic malware scans and removal
- Offers up to five websites easy and quick migration
- Offers two months off with yearly billing and
- Provides automatic backups and updates
Note, some of the limitations of Pressable are that:
- It offers a 15-day trial only with no money-back guarantee
- It has no uptime guarantees, and
- Lacks live support
Click here https://pressable.com/ to sign up with Pressable WordPress hosting.
Pagely is our final pick for our best WordPress Hosts for 2020. Pagely is a giant WordPress host because it is the original provider of managed WordPress Hosting that reliable with providing flexible, enterprise-level hosting.
Pagely is a popular WordPress host because of its amazing features, which are:
- Pagely site loading with server-level caching
- Free Integrated CDN
- Improved Security through SPDY Support that also reduces page load latency
The advantages of using Pagely are:
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) that facilitate fast speeds
- Provides automatic plugin updates
- Provides daily site backups
- It is a technology platform that is optimized for WordPress
- Its security is optimized for WordPress
The only con of Pagely is that it is more expensive than its competitors.
Click https://pagely.com/ to try Pagely for free.
Why WordPress Platform?
The WordPress platform makes blogging simple enough for anyone: Just log in, type up your content (or import it) and publish it. WordPress blogs are not only extremely easy to set up and maintain, but they look professional.
Any business or individual that wants to build a blog can easily set up a new WordPress blog in a matter of hours. However, if you want to go beyond the basics and improve your WordPress blog’s functionality, you’ll need to choose a WordPress web hosting provider that supports growth and flexibility.
What Hosting Package is Best for WordPress Blog?
For starters, you’ll need to choose a WordPress hosting option that includes enough disk space and bandwidth to support your blog as it grows in size and popularity. Some WP hosting plans are designed more for business blogs and others are more scaled down for personal blogs, so be sure you understand your needs to avoid overpaying.
With the variety of WP web hosting plans we’ve listed above, though, it’s hard to overpay! The WordPress hosting we’ve found is provided by reputable, experienced companies and starts at just under $3 per month. If you want to save on money and give up a bit of performance, Bluehost is the cheapest and is one of the easiest to set it up with its one-click WP install.
There are plenty of options to keep in mind as you choose your WP web hosting provider. Bloggers who want to have multiple domains to reach a wider audience will want to find a WordPress hosting service that supports multiple domains.
The WordPress hosting providers we feature makes it fast and painless to set up your new hosting account, and many feature site-building software to make the process even easier. Why not start your blog or upgrade your current blog’s WP hosting plan today? WordPress hosting plans like the ones we recommend make it fast, easy and affordable.
Things to Consider when Choosing a WordPress Host
Regardless of the host, here are the key things you need to check as you decide:
- Speed: Loading speed of a website is now one of Google’s ranking factors and hosting providers that use old HHD servers are slow. Make sure you choose a hosting provider that uses fast serving SSD servers that have been optimized for WordPress.
- Server Requirements: The latest PHP version is 7.3+ and you should make sure that your host has compatible servers
- Uptime: Most shared hosting providers experience outages as the site ‘outgrows’ its capacity. If you plan to have at least 25,000 by the first six months, go for a superior host which may be more expensive. If a host has less than 99.95%, avoid it at all costs.
- Customer Support: Some hosts are very keen to answer pre-sales questions and you should watch out for that. Make sure you are hosting your site with a host that has a reachable phone number and email and have a reputation for troubleshooting any web-related issues.
- Pricing: Some web hosts are just super expensive. WP Engine charges over $30 while Siteground charges less than $15 for a better service.
WordPress Hosting FAQs
A Content Management System (CMS) is essentially a web application that uses a database (usually MySQL) or other methods to create, edit, and store HTML (or other) web content in an easy-to-manage way.