Bluehost was started in 1996 and has grown to become one of the largest hosting companies, powering more than 2million websites around the world. They offer various hosting services ranging from shared hosting, WordPress hosting, Virtue Private Server hosting (VPS), Dedicated hosting, and WooCommerce hosting. Their plans are tailored to cater for every business size, budgets and requirements from small businesses to large corporations.
Below are some features we love about Bluehost:
- Multiple plans you can sign up for depending on your business needs.
- Cheap pricing with three selections of hosting plans starting at just $2.95/month!
- Their sign process up is a breeze
- There are no hidden fees to watch out for when signing up
- A free domain! You get a free domain to start you off the first year when you sign up for any of their 3 plans
- They work hard at ensuring you do not experience downtime. Currently, they have a 99.99% uptime guarantee
- Expert customer support available 24/7 to answer your queries and help you run your website smoothly and efficiently.
- They also have easy integrations with many other platforms, including WordPress.
What we don’t like:
- They do not have email-based ticket support, which could be useful to resolve issues when you are not able to engage in a call or chat actively.
- They do not offer free site migration service so, if you do not have the technical know-how, you might consider hiring an expert at a price.
- They have no page builder (drag and drop). A drag and drop tool makes it easy to build a website from scratch.
Considering all the positives and the few negatives, Bluehost offers true value in terms of hosting.
Shared WordPress Hosting
Bluehost has installed WordPress tools on their shared hosting plans to enable small sites or those on a tight budget to run their WordPress sites or blogs so long as they remain hosted. There are advantages like lower costs, easy 1-click installation, CMS options, and other website builders, but there are also disadvantages of running your WordPress on a shared environment. You share a single server, memory, CPU, bandwidth, basically, all resources. As you can tell, you are bound to experience more downtimes and slow loading speeds.
WordPress can be installed on all the shared plans, but even then, it is unlikely you will get more support for it with higher plan packages; at best, you can only have more features added.
Take a look the WordPress plans in Shared Hosting:
Bluehost video hosting
Bluehost is one of the few hosts that offer real audio and video support. They have some impressive multimedia features for both multi-media websites and ordinary business websites.
For example, with DS1 Standard Dedicated Hosting plan, you get the following Features:
- 5TB Bandwidth
- 1000 GB Disk Space
- 4GB RAM
- 2 Cores
- 2 Free IPs
Bluehost Managed Hosting
Bluehost allows you to set up your WordPress blog or site with a single click on any of their plans. Additionally, they also have a hosting package specifically optimized for WordPress. It is called the WP Pro (WordPress Pro) or the Managed hosting. With managed hosting, you get more resources than the regular hosting and a team of WordPress pros to support you, making your site even more powerful and easy to run.
The WP Pro uses a virtual private server (VPS) to host your WordPress site or blog. These servers are much more powerful than those used in shared hosting; therefore, they provide faster loading speed and less downtime even if your site has heavy traffic.
Secondly, Bluehost offers top security features for WP Pro hosting such as SiteLock Security, Advanced CDN, and SiteLock WAF.
Third, WP Pro comes has a custom central dashboard for you to manage and control your hosting account and WordPress from the same place.
To get Bluehost’s WP Pro hosting, you can sign up for any of their 3 different plans: Build ($19.95/month), Grow ($29.95/month), or Scale ($49.95/month).
You will also love to know that all of WP Pro plans include:
- Easy to use cPanel
- 1-click WordPress installer
- Free domain name & WHOIS privacy
- Unlimited websites
- Unlimited disk space
- Free SSL
- Automatic WordPress update
- Daily backups and more
- 24/7 customer support
You can check out the WP Pro plans in detail below:
Bluehost WordPress hosting discount
You get 63% off WordPress hosting on all their plans for the first year
Bluehost WordPress hosting login
You can log in into WordPress directly by using your default URL for your website but adding “WP-admin” at the end, to access the login screen and then simply log in:
- Go to your login URL (with WP-admin at the end)
- Enter your WordPress username and password and then click on ‘Log in’
NB: this method works only if your login methods have not been changed from your default setup.
Alternative method is login in through WordPress Tools as explained by the following steps:
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account
- Click on ‘WordPress Tools’ link at the top
- On the left, click on the Users tab
- Under ‘Select WordPress’ tab choose the WordPress install you would like to login to.
- Under WordPress Users, click the login button next to the user you would like.
Bluehost wordpress hosting coupon
Bluehost is offering 75% off on their Basic plan for WordPress users. You pay $2.95/month for up to 36 months.
Bluehost Windows hosting
Bluehost does not have a Windows Hosting server platform; instead, they provide their hosting exclusively on Linux.
Bluehost windows VPS hosting
Bluehost does not have VPS hosting on Windows but Linux
Bluehost vs Godaddy WordPress hosting
Before we even start on which is better, it is important to let you know that Bluehost was specifically recommended for WordPress by Automattic, the organization behind WordPress in 2006.
Bluehost provides specific tools for WordPress hosting in their WP Pro plans, unlike Godaddy which simply manages the installation, backups and updates and such as general functions. But on the positive side, Go daddy has an easy drag and drop function for building your web page hence; it might be suitable for those who don’t have much WordPress requirements or expertise. It is also a bit cheaper.
Bluehost WooCommerce hosting
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin used for selling products or services online. Having
A Bluehost WooCommerce plan makes it easy for you to build a professional online store that is specially customized to meet your business needs, in a matter of minutes. This platform also makes it easy to manage your inventory, secure payments, manage shipping, and apply taxes accordingly.
You also get a variety of customizable themes from Bluehost to give your online store your desired look and function-ability.
It is a platform that gives you the power of WordPress, reliability of Bluehost, and versatility of WooCommerce to get your online store up and running in no time.
Bluehost has three WooCommerce plans all offering you:
- A free domain
- WooCommerce auto install
- Unmetered bandwidth
- Free SSL certificate
- A listing position for your business on Google
Check out the WooCommerce plans below and what they offer:
Bluehost Laravel, Python, Prime, PHP, ASP.Net and Linux Hosting
Bluehost only supports Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP environment (LAMP). Their environment currently supports MySQL, PostGreSQL, PHP, CGI, PERL, PYTHON and Ruby On Rails.
Prime is the new Bluehost package in the shared hosting called Choice Plus
Bluehost Hosting Discount/Coupon Code/Promos
Below are some of Bluehost’s Discounts, promos, and offers as of June 2020:
|Coupon Offer||Valid Until|
|63% off basic hosting||Limited time|
|82% off WP Exclusive||Limited time|
|40% off managed VPS||Limited time|
|55% off managed WordPress||Limited time|
|27% off dedicated hosting||Limited time|
|Sign up-offers||Limited time|
|63% off summer flash sale||End of summer|
|Biggest Birthday Sale||16th July 2020|
Advice from contributing experts on Hostingadvice.com
“Few hosts can beat Bluehost when it comes to affordable hosting, domains, and email services. While some low-cost hosting providers cut corners and offer fewer features to save money, Bluehost plans reside in the economical sweet spot of high value and low cost by including top-notch features for performance, security, reliability, and usability, along with technical support and open-source expertise.”
Bluehost Hosting Reseller
Currently, Bluehost does not accept Reseller hosting signups. Since 2014 they have partnered with ResellerClub to make your reseller hosting experience even better. They recommend you to move your reseller hosting to the club, and the process is free. The Reseller club with Bluehost is currently run as Linux Reseller hosting.
You sort of become a web hosting provider by using Bluehost web servers, customizing their hosting plans and using your brand name to sell it to your customers.
The Linux Reseller Hosting allows you to sell domains, account, emails, and much more.
It has four plans with great discount offers:
R1- Perfect to start Reselling
R2- Best value for money
R3- More resources
R4- Become a web hosting pro
Linux Reseller has great features such as a free reseller account, free WHM & cPanel, Softaculous installer with more than 400 apps, CDN protection, free hosting migration, a basic email with unlimited accounts, and more.
You can check a highlight of the Reseller plans below:
How to Renew, Cancel or Transfer with Bluehost
How to renew Bluehost hosting
If you wish to renew your domain registration, follow below steps as given by BlueHost:
- Log in to your Bluehost cPanel account.
- Click Domains at the top of the page.
- From the list of domains, select the domain you wish to renew.
- To the right of the domain, click on the Renewal Options tab.
- Select Renew Now and click Save Changes.
- Read over the payment options and make any needed changes.
Bluehost hosting renewal price
One area we can point fingers at Bluehost is their renewal prices, they are more than double their introductory prices. But, their longer plans are lowered. Check out an example of their popular shared hosting plans:
|Renewal prices for 12 months||$8.99/month||$12.99/month||$16.99/month||$25.99/month|
How to cancel Bluehost hosting
You can be able to cancel your hosting account with Bluehost within the first 30 days and get a full refund. If you contact them by phone at 888-401-4678 they can cancel your hosting account for you. But before you contact them, you should ensure the following:
- You know the last four characters of your Bluehost main password.
- The email address listed in the Profile section of your account is current.
Alternatively, you can cancel your hosting with them if you are using Legacy or Rock cPanels on your own by following the steps as given by Bluehost depending on your situation as follows:
Cancelling Your Hosting Account at the End of the Current Term
- Login to your Bluehost Control Panel
- Click the Account tab.
- Click the renew sub-tab.
- Select the Do Not Renew radio button, then click continue.
- Login to your Bluehost Control Panel
- Click the account icon in the top right-hand corner then click Products from the drop-down.
- Account Icon
- Click the Renew button next to your Hosting account.
- Choose Do Not Renew from the renewal options presented.
- Select a reason for cancellation (optional) to provide feedback, then, click the Continue button.
Your account will be cancelled on the expiration date.
Bluehost how to transfer hosting
As earlier mentioned, Bluehost does not offer free site migration services like many other hosts. They charge you $ 149.99 to use their professional services to transfer your site. If you choose to do it yourself, it will involve the following steps:
- Backup your current database
- Backup your current files
- Create a database in Blue Host (of course you have to create your Bluehost account after signing up with them)
- Change Your Configuration Files
- Upload Your Files
- Import Your Database
- Assign the domain to your account.
- Check your site.
If you provided the correct information, your site transfer should be successful.
Bluehost Review FAQs.
Bluehost how to set up email
The following steps will help you create a standard cPanel email account:
- Go to the left of your screen where there is a side navigation menu and click on the ‘Advanced’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Email Accounts’ icon from within the Email section.
- Click the ‘Create’ button. The create email screen will be opened having Email, Password and Mailbox quota text boxes.
- Type in the User you would like to create an email address for in the Email text box.
- Indicate the hosting storage you would like to allocate for the email account in the Mailbox. It is usually set to 250MB by default, but you can increase or decrease this number to your desire.
- Finally, click ‘Create Account’.
Bluehost can I pay monthly
No, you can only pay annually, 24 months, or 36 months.
Bluehost can’t connect to FTP
Follow these troubleshooting steps
Can Bluehost handle high traffic?
Yes, but you would probably go for the VPS package
Can Bluehost host Wix?
It can, but it has not been optimized for other sites that are not managed by WordPress CMS such as Wix and Squarespace.
How much is Bluehost hosting?
Bluehost’s cheapest shared hosting plan starts at $2.95 per month
Managed WordPress hosting also starts at $2.95 per month
WooCommerce hosting starts at $6.95 per month
VPS plans start from $18.99 per month
Dedicated server hosting plans at $79.99 per month
Bluehost how to add hosting
Follow the steps below as given by Bluehost to create a New Package
- Log in to your Bluehost Control Panel.
- Click the “Create New Package” icon.
Under Basic Information section: Enter your customer’s basic information
Under Domain: Enter the domain name you wish to use for your customer. If the domain is available for purchase, you can register it.
Username: It is always pre-filled based on the domain so you can’t change it.
Password: Bluehost recommends you to use the password generation tool provided. Once you click on ‘Generate Password’, a pop up box will appear to allow you to choose the types of characters and length of the automatically generated password.
Email section: type the contact email address for your customer. The address is used by the WHM to send automatic notifications if there are issues with the account.
- Click on Package drop down and select the package (from Bluehost) you want to assign to the new account. You can also select your own account as well.
- Select the features you want to give to your customer such as SSL, Dedicated IP address and any other you want to include.
Finally, if you have the necessary needed to create the account, click on ‘Create Account’ to complete the process.
My name is Nate Reiner and I am the editor here at 10Webtools. I have 8 years of experience using 50+ different web tools ranging from podcast, web hosting, email marketing, and much more. I previously managed a team offering support services to a large conglomerate that utilized tens of software solutions. I now run this blog full-time and when I am not reviewing or testing software, I enjoy riding bikes and supporting my clients achieve internet success. You can reach me directly at [email protected]