Webinarjam was founded in November 2013 by three businessmen who saw the need for an easy-to-use webinar solution. Since then the trio hasn’t looked back. It is based in La Jolla, California, and owned by an LLC called Genesis Digital. Webinarjam made it to our list of best webinar tools in 2020 and you can read the comparison with other alternatives here.
In 2020, 7 years on, Webinarjam is now one of the best-selling webinar software solutions you can find in the market. Webinarjam has a team of six full-time senior directors and a large team of developers and customer support associates. In our 2020 list of best webinar software, Webinarjam came top ahead of other alternatives such s Everwebinar, Zoom, Demio, and GotoWebinar, among others.
Is Webijam any good?
Webinar is great if you want to reach a large number of people, 500+ as they’ve put a lot of thought into how to sell it right online. It promises to have almost all solutions for everyone. You can design your own landing pages and have a number of editing options that allow you to change color, fonts etc.
who owns webinarjam: It is owned by Genesis LLC, a company that was registered the same year Webinarjam was founded, 2013. According to Crunchbase, Genesis Digital has between 101 and 250 employees but we couldn’t determine if all of them are engaged/employed with Webinarjam.
Number of users: Webinarjam has over 30k users
How Webinarjam Works
It is essential for you the Webinarjam user to understand how Webinajam works to enhance your smoothness experience with the software solution. We discuss how your pause webinar, how to use its automated webinar, how to download the software, how to record with it, and how you request to speak when using Webinarjam. Also, we discuss the Webinarjam API key, its addon, its app, and its chat feature.
How to download videos from WebinarJam
There are three different approaches in which you can use to download videos using WebinarJam:
- First access your browser then access the link app.WebinarJam.net and find the video webinar that you would like to download. Once accessed, copy the video URL link associated to the preferred video
- After copying the video URL of the preferred video, go to Dovideo Online Video Downloader and paste the copied URL link into the address bar. Click the download button to download the video webinar
- Dovideo presents a pop – up download list with different download resolutions from which you can choose from. After choosing your preferred video resolution, you only have to right-click on this video and click on the ‘save as’ button, after which the download is then completed.
- First access WebinarJam by typing app.WebinarJam.net then find your preferred video and copy the video URL at the address bar
- Start iTube HD Video Downloader then paste the copied video URL into the address bar to display the download options
- After you select your preferred webinar video resolution, click the ‘download’ button to start the download
- Start by opening the iTube HD Video Downloader and go to the settings tab. Under the preferences option, select the extension and click the ‘install’ button just beside your preferred browser of choice
- Open your browser and access WebinarJam by entering app.WebinarJam.net and search for your webinar video
- Click the ‘download’ button to start the automatic download
How to sign up and cancel WebinarJam subscriptions
The WebinarJam sign up is relatively easy and straightforward. First and foremost, access WebinarJam through their official site after which you select your preferred subscription service (trial, basic, professional or enterprise packages) by clicking the ‘get started’ button.
You will be prompted to continue where the sign in and sign up options are presented on the screen. The sign up option basically presents a dialogue box which prompts you to enter personal details that let WebinarJam identify you. These details include:
- First name
- Last name
- Country code
- Phone number
- Billing address
- Postal code
You will then be prompted to enter your credit card details as it relates to your Paypal account to complete your sign up process. Once verification of your identification details has been confirmed, the sign up process is complete with your username and your passwords only available to you.
Cancellation of WebinarJam subscription
To cancel your current subscription package with WebinarJam, WebinarJam webinar hosting software has a separate billing tab/page for their users that gives you complete freedom of choice as to changing the current subscription into alternate preferred subscription or even ask for refunds if you are not longer interest in continuing with the service.
Cancellation is only approved if you have specified the product /service, the order number, your full name and/or your email address. Alternatively, you could use the billing self – service portal which gives you a one on one engagement approach with WebinarJam. Nonetheless, this should be done ten days to the next invoice date.
WebinarJam login works much like other webinar hosting softwares in the market. Once you sign up, you can access WebinarJam features anytime you enter their site via accessing app.WebinarJam.net
WebinarJam webinar hosting service has a myriad of features that offer effectiveness and efficiency to its customers for the delivery of quality presentations and within the bounds of webinar conferencing.
Some of the major features include:
- Large attendee hosting of up to 5000 people
- WebinarJam has quality video rendering tools that are usable with HD devices such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones
- WebinarJam has flexible scheduling that allows you to select the specific times in which you want to run your webinar
- WebinarJam also allows you to stream from anywhere as long as there is a reliable internet connection
- It has an in-built page builder that allows you to customize your interface to suit webinar presentation needs
- WebinarJam incorporates a full email and SMS system that alerts and invites users to participate in your webinar
- It has browser – based solutions as there is downloads required but runs directly from their servers
- WebinarJam allows the user to give handouts to the relevant stakeholders of the webinar
- [u1] [u2] of presentations
- Further, the webinar hosting service has an additional password protected room feature that limits and secures the connection to only the authorized stakeholders to participate in the webinar
How to record WebinarJam
WebinarJam regards itself as ‘device – agnostic’ as it is highly compatible with most internet – oriented devices such as the laptop, tablet, android phone or even an iphone. WebinarJam grants specialized high definition video recording features to its users during broadcasting.
You can broadcast your webinar session using your webcam, use screen share and/or powerpoint presentations to deliver the intended content to the target user. Furthermore, it renders and relays these broadcasts in super high definition owing to its ideal technological plan, as long as there is a stable internet connection.
WebinarJam number of attendees
WebinarJam has over 50,000 users and has created such a wide market base by creating a reliable webinar hosting service that is able to hold a large number of participants. WebinarJam can accommodate up to 5000 attendees without straining the system’s capability.
WebinarJam presenter limits
In addition to holding thousands of attendees during any one single session, WebinarJam has a specialized presenter feature that can accommodate up to six presenters in one session.
You can choose to make a webinar as an individual self or collaborate with a team of like – minded individuals regarding the specific topic of interest and delivering more knowledge and engagement among participants.
WebinarJam’s billing platform has a self – service system that provides you with all the relevant elements that you might require to enable the ideal packaging for you.
For instance, if you want to upgrade from one level of services to a higher dedicated service due to increase in traffic, all you need to do is simply change the status of the product service you want provided for you under the billing platform.
Similarly, cancellation of the subscription service is done in the same way only that the product service that you would select would have to be refunds. The most fundamental change in billing is when you decide to offer you presentational or consultation services at a fee.
It usually means that the attendees who are interested in the live sessions would now be charged for having the privilege of being in the ‘front row seat.’ In essence, this means that the attendee in the live chat sessions would have to pay the set fee using a logic legit billing plan.
WebinarJam’s billing platform also incorporates a sale validation process that provides users with the ability to choose the preferred payment gateways that their customers should pay through. Subsequently, the users have to pay for your service via these payment gateways before completing registration.
WebinarJam’s Pricing Plan
WebinarJam has a relatively convenient pricing plan which has a diversified accommodative approach in its coverage plan.
WebinarJam Free Trial
For starters, WebinarJam offers a trial version that costs you so little is almost free. For one dollar only, WebinarJam offers its customers a fourteen day trial experimentation where you will get to use a variety of its webinar hosting features and experience the platform.
The trial version lets you experience the relative features that you could access only at $39 a month. WebinarJam offers more features at $39 a month than any other webinar hosting platform in the market. Further, the trial version gives you an approximate perspective of which pricing package plan that you would prefer as per your webinar presentation needs.
WebinarJam Paid Plans
There are typically three pricing packaging levels that WebinarJam offers in order for you to adequately utilize the services offered:
- Basic plan
- Professional plan
- Enterprise plan
The basic pricing plan involves holding webinar platforms that allow up to two presenters on the broadcasting conference. Further, this plan can host up to five hundred attendees seamlessly without to simulate the all features available on the actual live seminar.
All of the WebinarJam hosting functions are available to you at the click of a button. These features have unlimited applications that enable you to interact with your attendees and with incredible efficiency and to up to a 2 – hour maximum live chat duration period.
To be able to access the basic plan, you are required to pay $499 a year (an equivalent of $39/mo) through you Paypal account or other approved payment services with WebinarJam.
Just as with the basic plan, you will be able to access all WebinarJam features with an added advantage of an additional two presenters. Therefore, this means that you could hold up to four presenters in webinar presentations.
Furthermore, the professional pricing plan allows you to host majority attendees of up to two thousand individuals. This professional plan offers an additional hour live chat duration period thus allowing a 3 hour webinar hosting.
To get the professional plan’s added features, you are required to pay $699 per year, via your online Paypal account. Alternatively, you could also pay $59 per month to still access the benefits of using the pro plan.
The enterprise plan on the other hand entails webinar hosting features provided for by WebinarJam at $999 annually. This plan enables you to access of the unlimited features and functions provided by WebinarJam and at added advantage in the live chat hosting virtual seminars.
You can include up to 6 presenters in your live chats such that your wide attendee audience can get more perspectives on the subject you are presenting. Further, it fosters more engagement and gives a much lively experience than having 4 or less presenters engaging the audience.
The attendee limit on this plan is 5000 in which all the attendees would receive a seamless webinar engagement in interaction with the presenters on your webinar. Not only does the enterprise plan have more seats available for attendees but also increases the conference duration period to a maximum of 4 hours.
The exceptionally number of attendees is easily managed as WebinarJam hosting platform offers you access to the ‘always on’ live room, not to mention the ‘panic’ button and the control center that allows for additional room for your professional hosting team.
You could also access the enterprise plan by paying $89 per month if you are unable to pay for the annual package at one go, or because you would require their services for such longer periods.
WebinarJam Coupons and Discounts
From time to time, WebinarJam offers various discounts and coupons to their users in order to give their users the benefit of saving on costs while accessing more and ideal webinar features effectively.
For instance; WebinarJam had recently extended its $1 trial to 60 days from their typical $1 fourteen day trial experience. This promotional coupon meant that for two months of using the basic plan pricing package, you only had to pay $1. Interestingly, you will find more traffic an customer engagement that is especially helpful for webinar user beginners.
You also amazing discounts with WebinarJam hosting platform if you pay for an elongated period as part of their discount code service.
Typically, many people get to pay a monthly package fee which is much pricier when summed up at the end of the year. However, paying for an annual plan is relatively cheaper because of the discount code and it applies to all levels of the chosen pricing packaging plan.
WebinarJam Live Chat
WebinarJam has a very hyperactive ‘Live Chat ‘ function that keeps the stakeholders of the webinar engaged. It is prudent to argue that maintaining live interaction with your ideal crowd livens up the mode of communication and fosters valiant co-operation between various stakeholders.
First and foremost, WebinarJam will empower you with the question and answer tool that enables you to ask relevant questions regarding the topic of discussion and keeping the crowd active. Further, WebinarJam has additional specialized features like:
- Sticky announcements
- Private comments
- Highlighted comments
- Moderation capabilities
These engagement tools foster active interactions between the webinar users such that they would have various features that would keep them busy and tethered to the topic under discussion.
WebinarJam request to speak
Just as any good guest speaker would, you might want to have the autonomy to pick who speaks within your virtual stage. To achieve this premise, WebinarJam has an attendee spotlight that allows you to invite selected members of the audience to speak, screen share or even broadcast important and relevant information via their respective webcams.
This feature gives you complete access to your broadcasting functions such that as soon as you invite the selected speaker from the attendees to share in your broadcasting, you can be able to return the attendee into a participant by prompting your WebinarJam software to institute an attendee – only mode for the guest speaker.
Essentially, this happens in a simple three step process altogether:
- Invite members of the crowd to participate and share their views on the platform
- Select the member of the audience who will share their views on the subject
- Eject the attendee as soon as they are done with making their presentation
Interestingly, this function has been very simplified such that it is done via simple mouse click options where there are no complicated tags associated with the invitation enabling a seamless live session that replicates presentation at an actual service room or conference/seminar.
WebinarJam Chat Problems
As all webinar hosting platforms have a problem with a hundred percent up – time. This means that problems might arise during the middle of a broadcast. More so, sometimes these problems might be caused by technical malfunctions of devices such as the cameras or the audio recording devices.
This might be really inconveniencing for especially when you are in the middle of a presentation. For most users, this signifies a great loss especially if the presentation was money making. It is advisable for you to have a back – up plan that would prevent the loss of your attendee list. WebinarJam has the perfect solution for you.
While other webinar hosting platforms choke it up to the ‘unfortunate unavoidable circumstance,’ and routine apologies for the inconvenience, WebinarJam stretches a notch and tries to safeguard your data as well as your attendees. It’s the ‘panic’ button.
WebinarJam’s panic button instantaneously initiates the insta – boot a new room protocol that enables the system to restart itself in a new room. Once you notice that there might be any disruptions to the normal running of your webinar’s live chat, you can click the panic button and all attendees and presenters are then transferred to the new room in less than fifteen seconds.
Automated WebinarJam Recording
Most webinar broadcasts are live broadcasts meant to capture a specified target market within a specified time. Therefore, this means that you might not be concentrated on recording the session as you are engaging your target audience but rather focused on the delivery of content and engagement of the crowd.
Nevertheless, WebinarJam has been able to solve this problem by creating ‘Perfect Replica,’ a specialized tool that when activated, records live broadcasting events automatically into a video file. Also, WebinarJam includes another specialized feature, ‘Replica Replays,’ which records detailed steps of everything (every occurrence) that happened within the live rooms.
This is to mean that WebinarJam registers every action happening in the broadcasting platform that can eventually be replayed in the respective live – rooms and making them as engaging as they were during the live casting.
It is prudent to argue that WebinarJam hosting software has the best online support system among webinar hosting platforms. It provides a customer support system that lets you interact with the members of the support team into solving various problems associated with running your presentation, and is available 24/7.
Further, the webinar hosting software gives you the option of delegating presentation functions to enable the best presentation results. This is done using the control center function that lets you organize members of your own team and of your choice, to help in running the presentation. You don’t want to be doing all the work in an active presentation anyway.
WebinarJam’s control center could involve members of your team working in a separate room to control elements of the presentation such as managing the presentation, choosing what PowerPoint presentations to cast on the screen as well as the screen shares that elaborate o specific points made to the audience.
The control center allow the functions that would be prevalent in a live session seminar such that you could select the speakers allowed to speak during the presentation, the conducting polls and surveys that are relevant to the presentation, active offers made during appropriate times. The control center is also essential in highlighting relevant announcements that are paramount to the presentation.
WebinarJam Smart API Key
When starting a webinar, you might be probably a higher target market list that would mean your attendees extending to the thousands. Following this precept, you would have an extremely large contact list to control while simultaneously making your presentation.
It would be extremely difficult to maintain the level concentration on delivering the ideal presentation while engaging thousands more. Majority of the users use an auto – responder or suitable CRM software that could be able to manage their contacts.
WebinarJam takes this factor into consideration and has created affiliate programs that enables them to link with the best brands in the industry to be able to create smart API’s that respond to the contact behavior. This automated integration fosters the effective management of webinars and safeguards you from making broadcasting errors by simplifying the work for you.
WebinarJam Pros and Cons
WebinarJam has various advantages that include but not limited to:
- It is extremely easy to use the WebinarJam webinar tools as they have inbuilt functions that are accessible at the click of a button. With a mouse, laptop, strong internet connection and the required recording devices in an ideal casting live room, you are ready to go
- WebinarJam is also relatively cheap as compared to other webinar Hosting platforms in the market. More so, It involves an elaborate plan which cuts across various webinar user needs
- WebinarJam is available 24/7 thus you are guaranteed of customer support whenever you require their help or when you encounter problems in running your webinar hosting operations while using the software
- In addition to a 24/7 customer support service, WebinarJam also offers free training videos at every level of participation. You are able to understand how to use and operate various features and functions that are available and that you could use to expand your webinar operations
- WebinarJam offers you with free templates on your landing page, which increase your customer experience as a presenter as well as that of your attendees. The WebinarJam templates are fully customizable which allows you to edit the templates to represent the webinar environment that you create with respect to you presentation
- Furthermore, WebinarJam enables multi – tasking as you can be able to perform various functions simultaneously without the degradation of any one service. You can send public and/or private messages to your attendees in the middle of a webinar without interrupting the presentation protocol
- Also, WebinarJam allows you to liven up your webinar through active offer tools that enable you to create pop ups that prompt them into indulging the offers. These offers are made more interesting by either capping their availability or by creating a countdown which makes things interesting
- Another interesting component of WebinarJam that is very beneficial is the active engagement with the attendees in that you could pull them into the live conversation where they can share their views on the subject at hand.
- Still, WebinarJam has super recording tool functions that enable the automatic recording of live webinars whenever you are running a presentation. With tools such as perfect replica and replica replays, Webinar automatically records your webinar sessions and downloads the video such that it can be reviewed by either the presenter or the attendees
- Finally, WebinarJam has a question and answer platform where the presenter can engage the attendees on the views in various issues thus enabling polls and surveys of topic elements as well as service elements. This enables you to improve the quality of your webinars and consequently, the quality of your service at large.
There are various disadvantages when using WebinarJam much like other webinar hosting platforms that are available in the industry. Some of these disadvantages include:
- Downtime errors – in limited occasions, WebinarJam experience a downtime due to maintenance protocols or errors in connectivity which interrupts the services provided to the user when running webinar tools
- Unresponsive customer support service. Some users have complained that the customer support service was less than optimal for they did not get the value of their pricing plans with regards to the performance of certain specified functions
- In addition, WebinarJam pricing requirements are limiting to users who do not have Paypal accounts. The webinar hosting service capitalizes on Paypal as the major billing service through which their services are rendered but it does not guarantee that it is the best billing service out there
- There is no sequential or logic training protocol instituted for learning WebinarJam. The user has to learn by accessing information to concepts and specific user applications that they want to use. This makes it very difficult to use the webinar hosting platform at the beginner level
Despite the various disadvantages associated with using WebinarJam hosting there are many users who offer very positive feedback regarding their use of the webinar tools associated with the platform.
For instance; Michael Moyer says, “WebinarJam lives up to all the hype that it has been given. From the very well thought out features to the stellar customer support. This webinar is hands down the best one we have used. While other platforms have different limitations, WebinarJam allows so much more and from a value standpoint, it is the best hands down.”
In yet another user review, Angela Hauck comments, “WebinarJam provide incredible value, it is easy to use and automatically records my webinars for instant replays! It is the best webinar software in the market.”
Suffice to say that WebinarJam has no doubt won the hearts of many webinar users as it has incredible money making offers that are compatible with client needs. Dimitrije Ostojic, a WebinarJam user also hints, “This software changed my life. As soon as I started to use it, I changed my way of selling. Use of WebinarJam gave me an opportunity to work at my full capacity, because I am no longer searching for clients – they come by themselves after every webinar.”
Nick Haubner is yet another customer who is very much satisfied with WebinarJam’s service provision platform. He laments, “I’ve been using WebinarJam for almost two years now and I love it. No webinar service comes even moderately close! Especially since the WebinarJam upgrade… I have also gotten a lot of use out of the poll and survey features on the registration page. 20 – 50% of my subscribers fill it out, and it really helps to guide the presentations.”
Nevertheless, Users such as Ben Marcoux argue that it uses a lot of bandwidth and takes time to set up correctly. Even so, this is true for almost all webinar services as it is a platform that predominantly relies on the inclusion of a wider target market (attendees).
Within the webinar hosting industry, WebinarJam dominates most of the market with its quality and easy to use features. Nonetheless, there are other webinar hosting platforms that offer similar webinar tools and that allow users to run their webinar functions seamlessly.
Major competitors to WebinarJam include but are not limited to:
- Everwebinar hosting service
- Gotowebinar software
While these webinar hosting platforms are almost similar in their service provision protocols and functions, it is the specific features and the convenience of content delivery that differentiates one from the other
My name is Nate Reiner and I am the editor here at 10Webtools. I have 8 years of experience using 50+ different web tools ranging from podcast, web hosting, email marketing, and much more. I previously managed a team offering support services to a large conglomerate that utilized tens of software solutions. I now run this blog full-time and when I am not reviewing or testing software, I enjoy riding bikes and supporting my clients achieve internet success. You can reach me directly at [email protected]